Monday, June 18, 2012

PMS, need I say more?

I just have to ask, do any of you deal with PMS on a consistent basis? Like clockwork, I get moody and straight up evil (thought wise) before my period. Everything aches, I get cramps, moody, tired and I am just miserable. Arthritis, fibromyalgia, and especially my hidradenitis flare up (and pain is enough to piss me off).

Not to mention pain from uterine fibroids and cysts on my ovaries. Ugh!

This time of the month, I get pissed off just by people talking to me. I literally sit there and think, "why are you still breathing?" I try to make an effort to isolate myself so that I don't take it out on others. I've been pretty successful at it.

Thank goodness I can close my office door at work. I came to work this morning with a funky attitude, pissed off that people were bugging me via email. The rational side of me knows that this is completely ridiculous. And it really is. I still somehow manage to be courteous and professional. But each month when I start feeling this way, I know what time it is. I generally like to crawl into my bed and chill with a heating pad and avoid phone calls if I can.

So am I the only psycho out there, or can someone else relate? I haven't slapped anybody, but man it is tempting.

Just so that you know, I'm a pretty easy going person. It takes a lot to rattle my cage, unless I'm going through PMS. ;)

2 comments:

Don said...

I know you didn't mean this post to be humorous, or maybe you did, but it definitely allowed laughter.

Amanda said...

Sheshe - I'm glad I stumbled across this blog via Marcia! I suffer from really debilitating PMS too... in my case, lots of panic/anxiety attacks; inability to think or handle stress; and unbelievable fatigue. Some mornings, I end up on the bathroom floor unable to get up, and cannot keep food (or any medication that might help) down. Why is all the research being focused upon meds for ED and hair loss, but they can't bother studying things that might help women who have this??